Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 110 – (AD 540) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.7 Miles – I’m Still in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 170 and I completed 170 sit-ups. My blood sugar remained flat at 103 and it looks like for the next few days there will be a focus on diet.

I’m not sure if I mentioned it but I did cook a braised monkfish the other night for supper. Apart from the fact that the creator must not have had much consideration at the point in time when s/he fabricated the monkfish, I most undoubtedly think that I will favor this for some of my piscine recipes. (And yes it is pronounced that way. I had to check it out.)

Oh yeah, the monkfish is called “the poor man’s lobster”.

Road images of my virtual Trek through this part of Western Australia certainly haven’t changed. (And no I am not using the same Google map picture over and over and over again.)  I am headed south on the National Route 1. Just beyond the actual road and from the satellite image there appears to be agriculturally developed land…but it also appears to be dry.


Today’s Saint of the day is Saint Romuald… and the Saint of the day’s recipe care of Giada De Laurentiis for June 19th is Tuscan White Bean and Garlic Soup. Simple soup for lunch and actually not bad. White beans, onions, garlic, sage, chicken broth, olive oil, butter, pepper, and some heavy cream. Definitely filling and I almost felt that I was living, or tending to, a monastic-type of life.

Another new quilt has been added to our project list. Right now it is known as Le Ruban. The design is a combination of our work and the inspiration of a graphic work by Tilman Zitzmann.


If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy and keep on pedaling.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment