Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 111 – (AD 541) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – Near Grass Patch in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

On my 111st day of Jim's Trek Part III I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. I am just around the corner from 11,000 miles.

I am currently located, still heading south, on the Collgardie-Esperance Highway on my virtual trek through Western Australia. As I continue I will soon be heading through the small Town of Grass Patch. (Wonder if the Douglases are home? Oh yeah that was Green Acres.) The population of Grass Patch on December 1, 1945 was 44. (The Australian Women’s Weekly, December 1, 1945, Page 20.)  In 2011 the town had grown to 492.


I am now 328 miles from my next destination and goal point.


I think I now understand why I never became a politician. I never learned to back-pedal on any of my bicycles. Period. But I still think about the electorate who are Convinced, with a capital “C”, that their representative is truly looking out for his/her constituents’ best interests.

Today I complete the pressure washing of the boardwalk.

Jim’s Trek has now racked up 41,924 pageviews.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.


Trying to be healthy and keep on pedaling.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment