Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 92 – (AD 522) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.3 Miles – Still in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

On the 1st day of June 2014 I cycled 21.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. This is my 522nd day pedaling since I began on December 2, 2012. To date I have now pedaled 10,576.4 miles; 17,021.1 kilometers. And I am still going.


On my virtual Trek I do believe that I am in a part of Western Australia on the Eyre Highway that must be somewhat desolate. I noticed that the image provided by Google Maps was marked November 2007. This is obviously a stretch of road that does not change too, too much.

Today is Flip a Coin Day…and this was supposed to have been started possibly back in the times of Julius Caesar.

Oh I get it. The Roman Senate could not figure out the order of the months Juno or Julius, and some toga dude blurted out “Let’s flip a coin”. Heads, Julius. Tail, Juno. Et tu Brutus.

Well it is true that one can buy almost everything via the Internet, but I’m really not going to go there. And as today is the 1st day of our hurricane season, I thought it might be apropos to find those items that may…or may not, help one to try, that is, try to keep dry while the heavens open up and the downpour hit us at the most appropriate times. This one is specifically for Anastasia Beaverhausen and MCB. Yes the Shoebrellas are available. Methinks that they are only guaranteed to keep 10% of your shoe dry. What about the other 90%?


If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy and keep on pedaling.

Enjoy,

Jim