Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 99 – (AD 529) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.5 Miles – It is Dry in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. (And yes this does sound…okay I need to say that yes it reads, like a recorded message.) But I am continuing my routine and I am continuing to cycle. This is my 529th day out 553 days since December 2, 2012.

Here’s a thought, last night I caught a glance of myself in the mirror. (No I do not take any type of selfie.)  I think that I finally realized that there has been some sort of physical change happening to my body. Yes, yes the hair has got a touch more grey. And the wrinkles at the corners of my eyes have grown.  But I noticed that the “old-man’s” belly-droop has apparently gradually reduced. Yes Carly Simon, I hear you.

The monsoon season humidity appears to be just holding for the penultimate moment. The house in Tampa is open and the tile floors have not taken on the summer sweat and glow. And Florida, according to Tinker is the land of the “I-have-to-tone-up-on-my summer-tan.”

I am located, on my virtual Trek on a dry stretch of the Eyre Highway in Western Australia. I am headed west. I now am about 587 miles from my next destination and goal point. I certainly hope the image scenery will change. (Please Google Maps.)


Supper last night - Shrimp, celery, and white bean salad with red onion, garlic, Scotch Bonnet, Romaine Lettuce and Arugula, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper. Blood sugar dropped this morning 10 points to 92. It had spiked because of the night’s before Appleby’s fried fare.

Social media has changed the way we now hear and react to the news. Have you ever noticed that from time-to-time some announcements and messages on various social media sites are a wee bit out of date? I always wonder when something is posted a bit late, like four years after the fact, whether the individual who posted the news is just waking up or that they are just getting to the end of the to-do list. It is almost like reading a journal written and published named the Van Winkle Express.

The Tampa Tribune today published an inane story with an extremely STUPID headline: “Women closing grilling gender gap.” All I can do is shake my head. This is real news.

The first phase of the design and pattern work for TZ1, (to be named later), has been completed. We are working on the dimensions, and there is a possibility that there may be a series. Here is a quick peak.


40,883 Pageviews of Jim’s Trek recorded as of this morning.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy and keep on pedaling.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment