Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 10 – (AD 235) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 20.7 Miles To North Portland, Oregon

Good Day,

And yes I am sounding a wee bit hoarse with a chest cold today… but I did mount my Schwinn 150 and cycle another 20.7 miles. This morning I am in North Portland, Oregon. I just turned off N. Portland Road onto W. Delta Park.


To date I have cycled on my Schwinn 150, The Sequel, 207.8 miles. My grand total to date is 4,464.9 miles. Obviously I am looking forward to the 5,000 mile mark.

Liza Donnelly in her article yesterday in Forbes “Anthony Weiner is Strange, But He Is Also A Typical Politician” wrote “I think politicians need to think more outside of the box, but let’s be clear: they should not text everything little thing that they think. Please.” And yes I agree with her that ALL politicians are egocentric narcissists with shades of megalomania. And social networking is definitely adding more fuel to their virtual fires.

And last night we decided to try home delivery of Chinese food. A new restaurant, Happy Garden just moved in. We have lost all other Chinese restaurants who deliver in our area in the past year. I need this type of food when I definitely do not feel like cooking. And there is always so much left over. My personal ranking, Fair-to-Okay.

But just within the hour of placing my order, even though it had nothing whatsoever to do with our order, my Gmail account was spammed with emails from Match-dot-com and China-Women-Dating-Team. Why? I, in most cases, cook my own meals.

Conversion on my new operating systems on my PC is almost complete. Only two more softwares to set up and ensure that each is working well.

My Sequel words for today: "Chip’n Dip" and "Misanthropist".

My stats for Day 10 of my Sequel Trek are:
  • Location – North Portland, Oregon
  • Sequel Distance – 20.7; Total 207.8 miles
  • Grand Total Miles - 4,464.9
  • Calories Burned - 620
  • Weight – 165.4 lbs; Total Loss – 5.4 lbs
  • Belly Measurement - 34"; Total Loss - 10"
  • Blood Sugar - 86 mg/dL
  • Blood Pressure – 115/75
  • BMI – 23.2
Mad Men – Season 1, Episode 7 – Red in the Face. Additional introductions of individual characters… and there may be an implication the fiction mirrors life.

Work is continuing on the quilting of our Tampa Kaleidoscope. It will be looking pretty good. Still looking for the originator of my new design inspiration, Ladies on The Boardwalk.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment