Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 2 - (Actually Day 227) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 20.5 Miles

Good Day,

On Day 2 of my return to Tampa from Seattle on my Schwinn 150 I cycled 20.5 miles. I am located at WA-7 S/Pacific Ave S just a wee bit north of Parkland, Washington. I have just about 33 miles to go to get to my first Interlake address goal on my Sequel Trek.

I caught a glimpse of an advertisement on the TV for some sort of cross-training machine. The ad features a number of persons, who are smiling and appear to be enjoying a sort-of success in the fact that each is stating the s/he has lost x-number of pounds in just 3 months. The 3-month time frame is qualified that the exercise should be about 4-times a week for 30-minute intervals. I quickly calculated that the average weight loss, on the advertised machine, was about 30 pounds.


Now on my Schwinn 150, cycling/exercising daily for 225 days, and for just over an hour each day, using their formula, I should have lost, according to the possible calculations of the advertisement marketing of the other machine, approximately 187 pounds, comparing apples to apples. I lost only 7.4 pounds in a 7 1/2 month period. If I had lost according to the quick and featured sales pitch come-on I presume I would be looking for another body.

The fine print flash on the TV during the ads is just too damn quick for any self-respecting reader to see. Obviously there is some sort of caveat of the pitch that the targeted and viewing audience is not supposed see. I supposed I could sell some Medicine-Man water and make a fortune when I allow for returns after a specified period of time if I do not realize the blatant and supposed immediate results. All I can say is "Buyer beware."


Oh and by the way I am not knocking the advertised machine. I am just campaigning against the bogus marketing and sales pitch hype. I am not proselytizing that my Trek on my Schwinn 150 is the only way... I am just writing that after these many days, there are a number of pieces to the actual process of losing weight which include exercise, diet, composure, and imagination.

My Trek clue words for today are "Pacific Nails" and "Puyallup".

My stats for Day 2 of my Sequel Trek are:
  • Location - Parkland, Washington
  • Distance - 20.5; Total 40.8 miles
  • Calories Burned - 641
  • Weight - 165.4 lbs; Total Loss - 7.4 lbs
  • Belly Measurement - 34"; Total Loss - 10"
  • Blood Sugar - 93 mg/dL
  • Blood Pressure - 115/69
  • BMI - 23.1
Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment