Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 210 – Jim’s Trek – 20.5 Miles – On Interstate 90 West Somewhere in the State of Washington


Good Day,

Reality check: 20.5 miles on my Schwinn 150, Tampa. Temperature 77°F, overcast sort-of, humid, hot. Virtuality check: Headed southwest on 1-90 W toward Exit 257. I am located west of Cheney, Washington. Temperature 64°F and partly cloudy. I now have 251 more miles to cycle to my next Interlake address goal.


Blue line are my miles per day on my Schwinn 150.  Red line my reducing belly measurements.

Just wondering if Edward Snowden is now trying to duplicate Tom Hanks’ role in The Terminal of Mehran Karimi Nasseri who was stuck in the international terminal of the Paris airport for 18 years. Mr. Snowden certainly has sent out a lot of letters and faxes to a number of countries seeking asylum.

Might be my age, 61 ½, but I have been thinking of what do I need to do with the rest of my life. Am I looking at a new phase? A new something to do? I have been successful thus far, successful in my own eyes and in my mind. I’m looking for something new, something different. This may come at the moment that I am reaching the end of my Trek, something I set my mind to do, and thus far I have succeeded. I have a great relationship. I have a fantastic son, a wonderful daughter-in-law, and a tremendous grandson. I succeeded in my educations and in my employments. I surpassed the medical prognosis that I may have only five years, and that was about 25 years ago. I survived an incapacitating car accident. I learned some new hobby skills. I love to cook. I love to read. I am enamored at playing the piano. I need to do a lot more. I love to write. It is time to find a new star.

Quoting a 2012 article from The Guardian written by Homa Khaleeli, How to Change Your Live at 60.
“It's a fabulous time to change things, though. It's like a second chance, a new beginning. You are just like someone starting out in their 20s. You get employers who think younger people will be more enthusiastic and find challenges easier. But older people are often looking for something new to do and want a new challenge.”

What’s next? I’m trying to make Stuffed Bell Peppers à la Mexicana for supper.


Episode 7, The Newsroom – 5/1. Just watching the show I still question myself as to why I did not. Or the question may be should be “Why not?”

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment