Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 214 – Jim’s Trek – 21.0 Miles – Just Call Me Mickey

Good Day,

Located today, after 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150, in the State of Washington, on a road – US-2 W in the middle of farmed fields… I’m sort of expecting Gordon MacRae and Shirley Jones to jump up and start with “There’s a bright golden haze on the meadow...” Oh yeah, wrong State. Just thinking.

Only 230 more miles until my final Seattle destination. I’m working on my next plan.

It has now been 18 days without any diabetes medications. My blood sugar count average is in at 102.5 mg/dL. And my blood pressure this morning records at 123/71.

But you can call me Mickey. An article from CBS This Morning caught my eye last night - New Study sheds light on exercise’s impact on brain.


Why does a vision of me running in a giant exercise wheel in a rodent cage keep playing in my mind?



My Trek viewing pleasure this morning was the first two parts of the second season of Continuum. It is sort of a sci-fi version of CSI and NCIS. There is definitely a correlation between my cycling at a greater speed when there is an uninterrupted chase scene happening on the show which I am watching. It made my 11th level of resistance go at a better pace.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment