Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 217 – Jim’s Trek – 20.3 Miles – In Washington and Two New Projects

Good Day,

I finished 20.3 miles on my Schwinn 150 Trek this morning. To date my total miles completed equal 4,090.3. The number of miles is somewhat higher than my original goal, when I began on December 3, 2012. The 4,090.3 miles are the real miles pedaled on my Schwinn 150. My original Trek miles, per Google Maps are mapped directly from my Interlake address in Tampa, Florida to the similar address in Seattle, Washington is 3,093.

As of this 217th day of my Trek I have increased the physical number of cycled miles by 997.3. I only have 165.7 miles left to go to get to my final Interlake address goal in Seattle. This means that by adding the Interlake address goals to my overall Trek I will have added a total of 1,163 extra miles. And who said I wasn’t long long-winded, or take extra time to get to the point?


Today on my virtual Trek, after my additional 20.3 miles, I am located on US-2 W just east of the unincorporated community of Orondo, Washington. Accordingly, Orondo, on the shores of the Columbia River, has one gas station/store, a Subway restaurant, a Post Office, and a number of latte and fruit stands. But it does have a golf course.  Sorry, I do not play golf.

Last night’s supper – Smoked salmon, onion, Thai pickles, onion, tomatoes, and sour cream, and a Chocolate Sundae. No wonder my blood sugar count registered in this morning at a great 90 mg/dL or 5.0 mmol/L. My average since I stopped taking my diabetes medication 21 days ago - 103.1. Is there such a term as "un-diabetic"?

It is funny how the discussion of Google Glass is progressing. Not funny ha, ha, but funny intriguing especially in light of the physically embedded similarities existing in some of the actors from the future in the Syfy series Continuum.



The Laramie Project, part one is the documentary movie this morning on my Trek. I may be naïve, but I have never understood hating someone else...no matter what. And then there is Indiana. From CBN News US “Some attorneys predict that same-sex divorce may become legal in states like Indiana even if same sex marriage remains illegal.” Okay, is this lawyers’ and politicians’ double-speak? How can one undo something when that same thing was never acknowledged in the first place?

Began two projects today, sort of self-organization and development type projects. 750 Words and Chains.cc. I’m into Day 2 on both.


Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment