Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 225 - Jim’s Trek - 16.6 Miles - Seattle, I Made It!!!

Good Day... actually Great Day!!!

I just got back home from babysitting my Grandson. He’s walking now!

Today I have achieved that which I set out to do. I cycled on my Schwinn 150, in real miles, from my home address in Tampa, Florida to the exact same address, give-or-take the difference of a “Drive” versus an “Avenue” in Seattle, Washington. I have accomplished that which I set out to do in 225 Days.


The direct mileage from my home address in Tampa to the same in Seattle, avoiding major highways and toll roads, is 3,278.0 miles. But I added 24 additional Interlake addresses along my way. These additions increased my total mileage of my virtual trip to 4,257.1; an extra 979.1 miles.

Today I completed the remaining 16.6 miles and I have arrived at the same address in Seattle as mine in Tampa.


I did what I wanted to do. I began a regime of daily exercise. After 225 Days it has become sort-of a habit. I have lost some weight, but that was not my intended goal. I dropped 7.4 pounds. I did lose 10 inches on my belly measurement. Hallelujah! My blood pressure has decreased. And I am no longer taking any diabetes medication. Also,a couple of heart and cholesterol meds have been eliminated.

Tomorrow I begin my new Trek, Jim’s Trek Part II - The Sequel. I am returning from Seattle to Tampa... I am not sure of the actual miles that I will be cycling on my Schwinn 150, but I can say that I will be blogging my virtual trip and definitely looking for the clues of The Sequel along the way.

Ta-da.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you Jim, now on your "return trip", whatever route you choose to travel, add a sidecar and bring Andy with you. I miss you guys at our Guild meetings.

    Keep smiling,
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete