Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 4 - (AD 229) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 1st Interlake Address Goal on My Trek

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. I am located, headed in a southerly direction, somewhere on Rich Road SE at the intersection of Crete Street in the State of Washington. My location is southeast of Tumwater, population about 17,700.


Today I reached my first Interlake address goal on my Trek Sequel - Interlake Grocery, Mullen Road Southeast, Lacey, Washington. My next Interlake goal is approximately 143 miles south.


A new effort - Try to cook something different and new as best as I can.


Before


After

Last night I decided to do "Chinese Chicken Wings"... Obviously chicken wings, marinated in soya sauce, and Chinese Five Spice grilled on the bar-b-que. One of the side dishes was a "Spicy Chinese Potato Salad". This one was more the dressing complimenting green peppers, tomatoes, onions with boiled potatoes, chilled. I found both recipes online but apart from the seasonings, included in each recipe, I wonder why the sobriquet "Chinese" is added in each recipe title. No matter, supper was good.

When a recipe has the word "Chinese" in the title what actually makes the recipe Chinese? Is there a distinctive list of ingredients that makes a recipe specific to an ethnic connotation? Is there a possible source?

Tonight's supper is an attempt at gnocchi with pancetta and peas. I'm checking out Deana Gunn's and Wona Miniati's 2007 cookbook Cooking with all things Trader Joe's.

In The TampaBay Times on Monday, July 15, 2013 — Forget the rumors. Trader Joe's is definitely planning to build a grocery store along Swann Avenue near Dale Mabry Highway.

But I have a question, as usual, the last chapter in Gunn's and Miniati's cookbook, titled Bachelor Quickies - (Complete heat-and-serve menus designed to impress) features recipes for more than one... Huh? Does not bachelor translate to single?

Mad Men - Season 1, Episode 2 introduces Robert Morse as Bert Cooper. Shades of How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. And the ad theme is for Right Guard in a spray can...what do women want?

Today's Sequel words are "Pumpkin" and "Waterfall".

My stats for Day 4 of my Sequel Trek are:
  • Location - Near Tumwater, Washington
  • Sequel Distance - 21.0; Total 82.4 miles
  • Grand Total Miles - 4,339.5
  • Calories Burned - 631
  • Weight - 166.4 lbs; Total Loss - 4.4 lbs
  • Belly Measurement - 34"; Total Loss - 10"
  • Blood Sugar - 93 mg/dL
  • Blood Pressure - 121/76
  • BMI - 23.2
Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment