Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 79 – (AD 509) – Jim's Trek Part III – 20.8 Miles – Yalata, South Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled another 20.8 miles and yes on my Schwinn 170. My total miles are now 10,298.8; 16,574.3 kilometers. To date I have completed 1,681.7 miles on my Jim’s Trek III.


I am now a wee bit west of the community of Yalata in South Australia.

Blind justice. I’m not opposed to the increasing the minimum wage but here is food for thought. Switzerland seemly and wisely rejected increasing minimum wage to about $25.00 per hour. (USA Today, May 18, 2014.)  Currently fast food meal costs in the area are about $15.00 and two pounds of chicken sells for about $28.00. If the vote had increased the minimum wage, all-things-being-equal, prices would have correspondingly sky-rocketed. Let’s hope that the idiots in our Congress realize the possibilities of a reasonable balance sheet. (And I forgot, there is nothing reasonable about our elected political dullards.)

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment