Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 73 – (AD 503) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.7 Miles – Ceduna, South Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Now for the boring news...to some.

This morning I cycled 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. On the 503rd day of my Trek I have now cycled a total of 10,171.7 miles, 16,369.8 kilometers. Today I cycled for 1 hour and 10 minutes, and I burned 634 calories.

And Tinker couldn't care less. She’s just waiting for the sun to begin to shine.

My virtual Trek has me located just north of the Town of Ceduna in South Australia. The population is about 2,300. I am now headed north and I have about 1,148 more miles to pedal to my number 5 destination.


Oh and by the way my blood sugar did drop 24 points from yesterday. I recorded 90 mg/dL. My A1C should be about 5.0%. I have now gone 298 days with having to take any diabetes medications. Guess this bit of exercise works.

Yes I did concoct the Frogmore Stew as I mentioned yesterday for last night's supper. So, so easy and something I would do again. And it was all gone before I remembered to take at least a couple of photos.

Reiterating, and this was my version, I browned some Kielbasa sausage and onions in olive oil. Removed them from the pan and then added one beer, four cups of water, and about one-third cup of Old Bay seasoning. Brought that to a boil and then added unpeeled quartered potatoes. Turned the pot to simmer. Fifteen minutes later I added corn on the cob, which I had cut in thirds. Five minutes later I added back the sausage and onions. Five minutes after that I threw in the shrimp. Then five minutes after that, I drained the pot and served. This shall be a repeat.

The Scotch Bonnets in the side yard are producing. I love the heat plus the heat. The Scotch Bonnets have a heat rating of 100,000 – 350,000 Scoville units; as comparison to the Jalapeño peppers which have a rating of 2,500 – 8,000.


And I continue the playing of my piano.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment