Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 87 – (AD 517) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.3 Miles – The Border Village, Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

The Tampa monsoon season appears to have started. I have to take care of walking when the wraths of the gods are producing thunder and lightning… There are four members of The Pack shuffling to be close and clinging to my feet. Here’s three of The Pack waiting for the cycling to finish.

Another 21.3 miles this morning on my Schwinn 170, and I have now pedaled 10,468.1 miles, 16,847.9 kilometers.



This morning I reached the border of South and Western Australia. I am still headed in a westerly direction and I am still on Eyre/National Highway A1. The goal of my trek this morning was to touch Border Village. And I am at the Quarantine Checkpoint. For people who enter Western Australia driving there are two major border quarantine checkpoints. That's right; there are only two main roads into WA...and I am at one of them.

My blood sugar came in this morning at 91. Last night’s supper, Wisconsin Bratwurst and Bahamian Rice and Peas. Different mix but good. Tonight I’m gonna try something completely different, Khao Mau Gai. Should prove interesting. Did I ever say that I like to cook? And eat?

Saint of the day, St. Augustine of Canterbury, not to be confused with St. Augustine of Hippo, advises us to “Stay in the struggle and be satisfied with gradual advances”. My question “Why is it a struggle?” St. Augustine of Canterbury, the patron saint of theologians and sore eyes has a close-to similar responsibility as St. Augustine of Hippo, the patron saint of brewers and theologians. Drinking theologians with poor vision? And definitely do not get me on a tangent of the advertisements for the $1,125.00, at Catholic Shopping.com, gold medals that “Help you grow closer to the Lord.” Oh and by the way the same is only $922.49 on eBay.

Doesn’t Scientology require payments for moving up the ethereal ladder? And the difference is?

Oh and I am sure that maybe Ponce de Leon may have been onto something about some spring of water in the vicinity St. Augustine, Florida.

All labels have been attached to our H-Series quilts and wall hangings. Fabric has been chosen for a new quilt that we are scheduling to our work.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment