Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 82 – (AD 512) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.5 Miles – Again, Still Desert in South Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today’s mileage on my Schwinn 170, 21.5. Total to date since December 2, 2012 and in 512 days 10,362.7 miles, 16,677.2 kilometers.

Today I do not have a horse. I just have a Schwinn 170, without a name. I do not believe in giving inanimate objects names.


I see desert, once again. I’m still, and I believe will be for some while, on the Eyre Highway. I have about 106 miles to go until I reach the state border.

And if today’s update on my blog doesn't make any sense I can blame it on my Intellectual biorhythm cycle. Accordingly a rhythm at -100% (a low) should make life more difficult in that area. The opposite +100% (a high) would give me an edge in the other areas.



I had decided that I would try.  I promised myself that I would cut my fingers off should I start writing, albeit typing, about Florida politics. But I did not say, or even portend that I would not comment on what may or may not be heard or written about Florida politicians. I have a Google news summary entitled “Florida Politics” and I noticed that of the 20 headlines offered seven are from Sunshine State News…and all are titled “Brightest minds in Florida politics:…” My question – why are none of these “brightest minds” elected politicians?

Sorry, I just answered my own question.

There are idiots elected to Florida politics but the largest piece of cake that certainly didn’t rise goes to Republican FL State Representative Charles Van Zant. With obvious blinders on, Zant “claims that the company charged with creating new state standardized tests in Florida… will promote double-mindedness in state education and attract every one of your children to a homosexual as they possibly can.” (News4Jax.com, May 20, 2014. )  Under what rock in Clay County did the voters find this one? His claim to fame…He received a doctorate of theology from the Western Cuba Baptist Theological Seminary in Havana.

Total number of Pageviews to Jim’s Trek now equal 39,387. 39,388…39,389.


Thoroughly enjoyed the mini-series Standing on the Edge. Six episodes equaled six days of cycling. London, 1930s, jazz music, Masons, intrigue, and murder.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment