Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day 84 – (AD 514) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.2 Miles – 10,404.7 Miles on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Back on my Schwinn 170 this morning. I cycled 21.2 miles and I have now logged 10,404.7 miles, 16,744.8 kilometers. And the humidity is just touching the Tampa air. The house is open but as I cycled today I was more soaked from sweat than I have been in the past year.


Travelling west I am about 64.5 miles from the Border Village. I am still located on the Eyre Highway in South Australia and in about three days I will finally reach the state of Western Australia. The scenery does not change much. I am in the area called the Nullarbor National Park. The name is derived from the Latin words nulla arbor, translated no tree. Most definitely.



According to the American Catholic.org calendar I can now get Saint of the Day announced on my iPhone. And I thought that I would give it a try. But guess what? Saturday, May 24th is blank. And in order to get the app it’s gonna cost me $2.99. So on a blank day, which saint can I talk to?

But hang on, the calendar on the site is blank but following another link on the website the saint of the day is St. Mary Magdalene de’ Pazzi the “ecstatic saint”, “She read the thoughts of others and predicted future events…” All-things-being-equal wasn’t there a gypsy fortune teller in the movie Ghost?

I’ m trying to figure out these percentages: 78% European; 14% Jewish Diaspora; 4% Middle Eastern; and 4% African. And I learned a new word, diaspora: Jews living outside of Israel. A diaspora comprises migrants and their descendants who maintain a relationship to their country of origin.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment