Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 75 – (AD 505) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.0 Miles – A Road Sign in South Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

First I cycled 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. I then completed 150 sit-ups. I looked in the mirror, (sorry no selfies), and I think I am developing some abs. All of these 62 years and I thought I would never ever envision me with a physique…of sorts.

And then I listened to the tick, tick, ticking of the clock on the wall. Nothing resounds as the ticking when one is cooped in the inner sanctum of an office waiting, waiting on the next noise. The scraping of the collecting of the file folder from the holder outside the closed door. These noises are more and more accentuated…even when I am not visiting my otolaryngologist.

Blood pressure this morning 124 over 64. In the UK I am rated at the Ideal blood pressure range. According to the Mayo Clinic I am bordering the Normal category. Not bad for my regular visit…and we’re looking to reduce some more of my heart medications. And my other vitals are doing very well, thank you.

And that is the real part.

In my virtual Jim's Trek I have stopped this morning on Eyre Highway and I spot a road sign. Well I am now 56 kilometers from Ceduna and I guess I have 16 to go to get to Penong. The scenery has improved. I got a road sign.


My blood sugar was up 4 points this morning to 95. I am still maintaining a halt on any drugs or medications for my diabetes. Next week I will hear the next results.

Last night supper; seared pork loin chops, mashed cauliflower and peppers, salad, and of course, Ben and Jerry's ice cream.


Work continues on our third quilt and wall hanging of our H-Series, H-3. The design of the quilting to H-3 is definitely more complicated but complimentary and interrelated with both H-1 and H-2. Worked on the design for a new quilt, MAA. Fabric has been ordered and am currently developing the quilting design. Still have to get to the pantograph stencil for our Equality quilt.


69.2% of the blocks have been completed for our crocheted Afghan #5. Only 37 more to go.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment