Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 77 – (AD 507) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.8 Miles – Reduced Medication at Coorabie, South Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled another 21.8 miles on my Schwinn 170 for 1 hour and 10 minutes…and I completed 150 sit-ups.

New success points. Another one of my high blood pressure medications has been reduced again. The dosage, by Doctor’s suggestion, has been reduced from 100 mg, to 50 mg, to now 25 mg. I just checked what this chemical formula is supposed to do; “Treats kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes and a history of high blood pressure.

So the exercise on my Schwinn 170, and sit-ups, and my diet, has reduced my waist. It has “eliminated” my need for diabetes medication, reduced the strength of my high blood pressure and readjusted my associated counts in positive directions. And today I see my Cardiologist. I wonder if there is some truth to the fable of Ponce de Leon’s elixir?


I continue my virtual Trek and I am still located somewhere on the road on the Eyre Highway in South Australia. I am just northeast of Coorabie as I head west.

Julia Cameron, in her Finding Water, writes that “to function freely as an artist, I must take the focus off of winning, off of being the brightest and the best. I must give up such ego-driven notions as being “fascinating” and “brilliant”. (These judgments are for critics to make in due time, not in my own beleaguered mind.) I need a safe, critic-free arena in which to do my work. Then, with the ground rules in place, I must gently go forward. Simpleminded as it sounds, I must simply write – a word at a time, a sentence at a time, a paragraph and a page at a time. My quota must be daily and doable. Just a little, done daily, adds up to quite a lot. What we produce can always be improved, but produce we must. “Easy does it” and the corny slogan about taking care of the quantity and not the quality allow us to produce.

One knows that Florida political races are picking up and some elections are just around the corner. What else could it be when C-Span2 reports and promotes what a current sitting FL-congressman eats to while-away his apparent boredom at Capitol Hill?

Also, as reported by the SunSentinel, for only $90; $25 for students, one can attend a conference crash course on Florida politics. My question... how does 30-minutes of noteworthy Florida politics equate to 8 hours of continuing legal education for Florida Bar attorneys?

Jim’s Trek racks up 39,015 Pageviews.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment