Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 68 – (AD 498) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.2 Miles – Just Minnipa, South Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


This morning I cycled 21.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. I now have about 1,254 more miles to reach my next physical goal and destination.


On the road, on my virtual Trek that is, I passed through another small town, Minnipa, in South Australia. Population just over 250. I am still located on the Eyre/National Highway. Landscape is the same. The sameness definitely provides a shade of continuity and familiarity.

I do not like commercial and or government endeavors dictating the way or the scale of the way I should feel or how I should be expected to act. And I am bloody glad that I do not live in Russia. As Vikto V. Yerofeyev, a popular writer writes “On the one hand, the Russian government says the Russian people are the best. On the other hand, it doesn’t trust the people.” (The New York Times, Russia Quietly Tightens Reins on Web With ‘Bloggers Law, Neil MacFarquhar)

Clean house in 10 years, and only 848 dust bunnies found? "He told the panel that in addition to 848 priests dismissed between 2004 and 2013, 2,572 members of the clergy had been disciplined for sexual abuse, putting children beyond their reach."

Thank you for the comments and the notes that I have received regarding my Trek. My Trek was developed and conceived to benefit my bulk and form. Jim’s Trek is my journal that I put out in Internetland because it is an easier place for me to record my scribbling and pedaling thoughts. I do not have to worry about the stacks of loose notebooks or diaries hiding and gathering dust in a house that is already beginning to look like a fabric sweat shop. I am not writing this blog for anyone else. If it has become any sort of inspiration to you, I am certainly glad…but please realize that I am not preaching. I am not proselytizing about exercise or health. This is just about me, for me. And I can only realize that I have lost 12-inches around my waist and I am no longer taking any diabetic medication. Period.

I am certainly not bored while I Trek and pedal and watch my viewing companion the series Fringe. Fringe keeps my mind thinking as there are a number of story lines continuing throughout and woven in the main theme. It most assuredly keeps my interest.

And I think I am having issues with the fact that I am using a pressure washer to clean my pool deck, the cage, the boardwalk, the driveway, and the sidewalk. Already I have taken the brand new machine in for a repair… And today I broke the pressure hose. Oh yes, the thing-a-ma-jig handle that one pulls to start the engine slipped out of my hand, got caught, released, and smacked me across my chest. Two nice red welts. And I now have to replace the high pressure hose. But the deck and the cage looks fantastic.


If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment