Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 83 – (AD 513) – Jim's Trek Part III – 20.8 Miles – More Scrub Desert in South Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled another 20.8 miles on my Schwinn 170. Exercise done. More errands to complete.


I am still located on what appears to be a scrub-type desert while I travel on my virtual Trek on the Eyre Highway. I have another 936 more miles to go to get to my next destination and goal point. I am amazed at the amount of “empty” space that exists on the southern Australian coast.

And the vaudevillian show of Florida politics is in full swing… and getting better. Accordingly, the Florida Council of 100 uninvited former Governor Charlie Crist from joining and speaking after our present Governor Rick Scott at an event this past week. And further Charlie Crist is a lifetime member of the council. (Per the Miami HeraldCharlie Crist basks in Florida Council of 100s ‘galatically stupid’ snub”.) Definitely free publicity for Charlie Crist.

Just read an article from BloombergBusinessweek, May 22, 2014Your Brain is Smaller Than a Caveman’s Here’s Why”, and according to Bruce Hood’s new book, The Domesticated BrainOur brains are smaller because we’ve become more social.” So does this mean that with the constant and rising use of cellular and social media we, that is, us, are losing out on something? I wonder where Florida’s politicians fit into the “brain-size” scale?

Blood sugar count this morning recorded in at 98. Gonna try a spinach on spinach pasta dish for supper. Oh and by the way our local Publix did not carry any spinach linguine.  I'm going to substitute spinach tortellini.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment