Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 2, 2014

Day 64 - (AD 494) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.5 Miles – Halfway Across Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled another 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. The countdown clock cannot be stopped. Right now I have the feelings of trying to get to sleep on a Christmas Eve…knowing that a sled will be landing. Amazing and focused. Just 24 hours to go.

Well this morning on my virtual Trek travelling Australia I passed and turned southwest on to the Eyre Highway at the small town of Kimba, population of about 640. And yes a wee bit before I turned is Halfway Across Australia. Check the sign. The marker A is where I began this morning. B is where I am now located and D marks the spot – Halfway Across Australia.


I am becoming more and more cynical as I listen to people who are “so, so nice” but truly only out for themselves. It is hard for me to understand. I try not to read a person when I meet or work with someone. But when it occurs, time and time again, I cannot stop letting it bother me in the sense that I become despondent. I find that I begin to retreat more and more into myself and then I do not have the impetus to continue that which I want to accomplish. Not searching for pity, but I am just amazed at what I have learned over these number of years of how there are those people in all walks of life who truly are, and two words I can think of off the cuff, inconsiderate. And the other one, bastard. (Just venting.)

And of course there is synchronicity. As I penned the above paragraph I checked a message online. And thank you Debra for sending me the link to Leo Babauta’s online book The One Skill – How Mastering the Art of Letting Go Will Change Your Life. Pay it forward.

Must be time to play my piano.

Our H-2 quilt and wall hanging is completed. Of course the sleeve and the label will be attached. That is two down, H-1 and H-2. The quilting work has now begun on our third of the series, H-3. We believe that we have narrowed down the titles…and yes there will be a double entendre.


If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment