Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 90 – (AD 520) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.5 Miles – Still in the Middle of Nowhere in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Grandpa babysat this morning. And Grandpa counted every ant-meeting-ant on our morning stroll and walk. Cycling and exercise paused until afternoon.

This afternoon I completed 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. The humidity is here. This is Tampa. This is Florida. Just picture the Wicked Witch of the West melting.

This is pre-summer…and two more days until the opening of the hurricane season. Last year was a calm year; predictions and forecasts are less than… Well it is supposed to be a moderate-to-strong El Niño event this summer. El Niño is credited with suppressing hurricanes. We’ll see. We will be able to tally on November 30th.

Oh and to date on my 520th day of cycling I have now complete 10,533.1 miles; 16,951.4 kilometers.


Today I am in Western Australia on my virtual Trek and located somewhere in, what appears to be, the middle of nowhere. I am headed west on the Eyre Highway.

Well my blood sugar count this morning recorded in at 88, and I wondered about the question whether one can reverse Type 2 Diabetes? Well here’s food for thought from WebMD.

While certain lifestyle changes are key to managing diabetes, whether you can actually turn back time so it’s like you never had diabetes at all is a different matter. That depends on how long you’ve had the condition, how severe it is, and your genes… For some people, reaching a healthier weight will mean taking fewer medications, or in rarer cases, no longer needing those medications at all.

I guess with my Schwinn stationary bikes I may be classified as a “rarer case”. WebMD continues that “Losing 5% to 10% of your body weight and building up to 150 minutes of exercise a week may help you to slow to stop the progress of type 2 diabetes.” Well I wonder to what my approximate 480 minutes of exercise a week translates.

The quilting pattern for our new MAAA quilt has been designed. We think that is might look pretty good.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment