Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 71 – (AD 501) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.7 Miles – 1,500 Miles in Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled another 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. To date, in Jim’s Trek III, I have pedaled 1,511.7 miles; 2,432.8 kilometers. This is the Australian part of the Trek.


The marker at A is where I am currently located in South Australia. The blue route is a recap of my route back to my starting point in Sydney.


Okay, I wonder if there is something in the water in Houston. According to Derrel Sims of the TV series Uncovering Aliens1 in 4 people have been abducted by hostile aliens.” (Houston Chronicle, May 10, 2014) So if you are sitting at the supper table with your spouse and 2.5 children you can be assured the by Sims’ odds and calculations at least one of you has spent some time in a spaceship. My question – Why are the aliens considered “hostile”?

After living in Tampa for over 30 years, it seems to me that there has never been a viable resolution to the transportation issue… And each generation of leaders just keeps talking and pontificating about it. “Leaders of Tampa Bay’s biggest public companies cite mass transit as priority.” (Jeff Harrington, Tampa Bay Times, May 10, 2014.)   "Congestion Study: Tampa Has 5th-Worst Traffic in North America" (Dalia Colón, WUSF News, July 19, 2012)

I need to check my To-do list and get some things done today.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment