Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 76 – (AD 506) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.2 Miles – Bookabie, South Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled another 21.2 miles on my Schwinn 170.  My total mileage to date 10,235.2; 16,472.0 kilometers.


I am supposedly located just east of Bookabie.  I am not sure as to whether this is a "Brigadoon". There does not appear to be an image of Bookabie on Google but there may be in some virtual place.  I did find this on Trove - South Australia Register, Tuesday 11 May 1897.


And right now it is about 62.1 degrees Farenheit in Bookabie as compared to 82 in Tampa.

And the question I continue with is why is the United States, Liberia, and Burma aka Myanmar the only three countries still using a complete of form of a non-metric system of measurement? The lead up of course is that I noted yesterday that I had completed 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. When I plotted the distance on my virtual Trek I plotted 21.0 kilometers. I’m actually further along than I thought.

And this morning I completed the 100th and final episode of Fringe. That's almost 72 hours of a video riding companion. Now I have to find a new one. As I have written before watching a series without commercials certainly helps me to pedal and keep my commitment to myself.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment