Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 83 ½ – (AD 513 ½) – Jim's Trek Part III – No Miles Today – Resting on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I decided to take a rest and not pedal on my Schwinn 170 Fitness Bicycle. I figured I could rest another day. It has been 537 days since I began my exercise and cycling Trek.  And today is the 24th day that I have taken off… I don’t think my third grade teacher is going to rap my knuckles for taking another day.

But my results from my diabetes doctor were fantastic this morning. My A1c results came in, once again at 5.6%. That means that I have been able to maintain a constant 5.6% for the past 12 months. I have beaten the Reference Range and I am now recorded at less than 5.7%. The detailed notes translate reflect “< 5.7% - Consistent with the absence of diabetes.” And I still have not taken any diabetes medications since last July 18, 2013. 309 days and NO diabetes medication.

Reduction and maintenance due to cycling and diet. Period! Maybe some crazy grey matter. And working with my doctors.

I just finished taking the almost final pictures of our completed H-Series quilts and wall hangings. The Sleeves attached and labels in progress. (We ran out of black embroidery thread.) And H-1, H-2, and H-3 have all received their titles: "Light Bringer", "Sea and Sky", and "Diamonds". Now the write-ups and corresponding paperwork.

Last night’s Double Spinach and Cheese-filled Tortellini certainly was good. I pigged out and double helping. And my morning blood sugar count came in this morning at 92. There has to be some truth to the thought that the extra calories and sugar is in the sauce. The sauce was a simple one; butter, grated cheeses – Parmesan and Pecorino Romano, pasta water, salt, and pepper. Prep time was less than 20 minutes.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment