Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Day 320 – (AD 750) – 21.9 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – On The Road Again on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

In Tampa, I am always amazed at the passing of the seasons. About two weeks ago this maple tree dropped all of its leaves. Today you can tell that spring has begun again.

And once again I pedaled another 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 170

Today is my 750th day cycling on my fitness bicycles. It has at times seem tedious and a physical “pain-in-the-ass” but I am still maintaining a 32” waist and I am keeping complete control, and drug-free, of the diabetes. I no longer refer to the diabetes as “my diabetes”. Just a head sort-of thing.


My location, retracing my tracks for a time, is on the Lasseter Highway. It looks like I will have to make a decision when I reach the intersection at Highway 87; that’s about 5 or 6 days away.

Last night supper was my version of Garlicky Chicken Pasta. Check Jim’s Gotta Eat for my ingredients and haphazard technique of putting it together.

My blood sugar was up 21 points this morning and I know it was my late, late night snack of cheese, liverwurst, crackers and a ginger-ale. I’ve got to start reigning myself in about 9:00 pm. Anything after 10:00 pm certainly does a number on the count. It was 126.

As you know I am always interested in food and I am always open to trying something different. But sometimes I wince when I come up an intriguing offering. Canned Pan Japanese Cake. Not sure that I will try this at $6.27 a can; $94.00 for 15 with a $38.00 delivery charge.

I would hope that you get three of each flavor in each order – Honey Lemon, Chocolate, Strawberry, Maple, and Milk. And each can is ONLY 100 grams; that’s 3.5 ounces.

Not cheap. I think I’ll pass.

The quilting work continues on our new quilt Chopsticks. Make sure you check for updates at Quilts SB.


This is my 798th Jim’s Trek post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 60,280 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment