Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 328 – (AD 758) – 21.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Shaking My Head On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Sun shining in Tampa. 68° Farenheit. (That’s 20° Celsius, DM.) And the orchids are beginning to bloom.

I pedaled another 21.7 miles this morning on my Schwinn 170. I have now reached 15,704.1 miles; 25,274.0 kilometers…and I am still going.

Yes the virtual trip continues northeasterly along Stuart Highway in the Northern Territory of Australia. My next sort-of major decision of direction will happen in about 68 miles at Alice Spring. Maybe I’ll climb a rock?


I know that I should not discuss politics while I am virtually in Australia. I just may get into an accident and fall off my stationary fitness cycle. It is beyond my comprehension and understanding to accept the void caused by the number of voting-capable human beings in this sunshine state of Florida.

I consider myself of some rational and reasonable capacity… But damn why oh why are they so many brainless scarecrows elected to Tallahassee? And I am not only referring to our executive branch.

There is something afoot. Two right-wing Central Florida cracker politicians – Senator Alan Hayes, a Dentist, and Representative Neil Combee, a Corporate Farmer and Realtor, are trying to push Dinesh D’Souza’s hypothetical film America: Imagine the World Without Her, as a mandated and required part of public school curriculum. (Fred Grimm, Miami Herald, Feb 13, 2015)

Shades of “Brave New World” and “1984”? Maybe “Animal Farm”?

The film review website Metacritic surveyed 11 movie critics and assessed 10 reviews as negative and 1 as mixed, with none being positive. It gave an aggregate score of 15 out of 100, which indicates "overwhelming dislike". The similar website Rotten Tomatoes surveyed 24 critics and, categorizing the reviews as positive or negative, assessed 22 as negative and 2 as positive. Of the 24 reviews, it determined an average rating of 2.9 out of 10. The website gave the film an overall score of 8% and said of the consensus, "Passionate but poorly constructed, America preaches to the choir." (Wikipedia)


So does this mean that all Florida school children are to be proselytized and provided a “swayed history” enforced by our tax dollars? Are Floridians continuing to enforce the “dumb-downing” of impressionable children and teen-agers? When will politicians learn that their “blindered view” of the world is not only seeing Russia from their front porch in Lakeland?

I am truly beginning to wonder about those entitled to vote in Florida.

Okay I’ll get off my cycle and my soapbox.

This is my 807th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 60,774 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment