Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, February 20, 2015

Day 332 – (AD 762) – 22.2 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Tropic of Capricorn On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,



Today I cycled 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Update of my totals – 15,792.7 miles; 25,415.9 kilometers. Only 207.3 more miles or about 2 weeks and I will reach the 16,000 mile mark. And I think I should be bold enough I lay odds against another 4,000 miles after that?

I am headed north out of Alice Springs on Stuart Highway. At about 19 miles out of Town I passed by the Tropic of Capricorn marker that is set back 15 meters from the road. The Tropic of Capricorn (or the Southern Tropic) is one of the five major circles of latitude that mark maps of the Earth. (Thank you Wikipedia.)

I must be really, really boring. It seems that I do not qualify, as a regular Jim, for anything to be included as a study candidate in one of these those marketing and research studies.

It, most of the times, baffles me to understand that in order to qualify especially for drug research study I should be in a state or frame of reference where I am are downing and filling myself with alternative and/or competitive type medications. This seems to be the only mode that appeals to the purveyors of the marketing and research studies. This must be the frame of reference that I must exhibit in order to be included as a proficient and capable participant.


So whether I am successful at something like I am doing in a diet and physical nature which aids me to combat and control my diabetes I am excluded from a Diabetes II research study. What I am doing, which of course doesn't necessarily always work for everybody, but as I am not taking any medication for my diabetes and as it appears that I have the diabetes under control, I do not qualify as a research candidate because I ain't sick enough or should I say I don't have enough chemicals coursing through the arteries and veins of my body.

Yes I understand, and I am not that naïve, to believe that there is not an enforced skewing of market research studies.  But does it make sense to not to err in favor of the product? Guess it’s all about the bass… line and income projections.

There’s something weird happening at Blogger and I’m not sure what. Up until the day before yesterday Jim’s Trek had an average of 75.33 Pageviews over 810 posts. That’s about 75 views a day. But yesterday Jim’s Trek, this weird and off-the-wall blog about pedaling a Schwinn Fitness cycle had in one day 465 Pageviews. Huh?

We have 99% completed our new TBAJ quilt and wall hanging.  The canvas for our new Reflection quilt and wall hanging has been prepped.  And work is in progress for the construction of the canvas for our new queen size quilt, Moon Over Bayshore.  Follow our updates at Quilts SB.  Also there is a possibility of two more commissions.


This is my 811th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 61,483 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment