Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 330 – (AD 760) – 22.3 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Cold Day in Tampa On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

And right now it is 57° F in Tampa. Yes, I am whining.

It is 23° C or -5° F in Oromocto, where I moved from. It is 84° F in Kingston, Jamaica where I was born and 68° F in Alice Springs, Australia in my virtual Trek.

Today’s Schwinn 170 workout – 22.3 miles. The grand total odometer now reads – 15,748.9 miles; 25,345.5 kilometers.

I am headed in a northeasterly direction on Stuart Highway.

And praise be. Google Maps appear to have updated their images, where I'm at, by 6 years. My virtual journey location is a point on the Highway that was snapped around 2 months ago, December 2014. I wonder if I did pass by the Google Map Mobile at some time when I was headed down to Uluru. Synchronicity?


I now have 23 more miles to go to get to Alice Springs.

It is either that I need new batteries for my bathroom scale or I am possibly moving in the wrong direction. The needle jumped up 1 ½ lbs to 170.6 lbs. I’ve got to get serious again. On the other hand my belly does not seem to be expanding and all-things-being-equal, which may be the good news, the increase in weight may be good weight gain.

Now don’t get me wrong, I never started this bike trek to lose weight. When I began this crazy journey on December 2, 2012 I weighed in at 170.8 lbs. At 5’ 11” I can tell you that I truly did not need to lose weight. I just needed to and I wanted to distribute the flab. My waist is down 12 inches and the definition of the muscles on my legs t’ain’t so bad. So maybe, perhaps, I have succeeded.

I have completed 63.25% of my intended pedaling goal. (I have also completed 67.95% of my Australian goal.) Wonder what I will be writing upon completion?


This is my 809th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 60,907 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment