Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 126 – Jim’s Trek – 20.9 Miles – Don’t Text and Cycle

Good Day,

This morning as I was just about completing my Trek on my Schwinn 150 I took a phone call. I then looked down and I had burned 605 calories, 5 above my set goal. My mileage for the day 20.9 miles. Bottom line, don’t text or use the phone while driving or cycling.


My location is on Highway US 10 and I’m headed in a northwesterly direction. I am just north of Acorn Lake and a little bit west of Chilton Lake. I can see that there are a lot of lakes in this part of Minnesota.

I have now completed 66% of my original Trek from Tampa to Seattle. My total miles this morning – 2,184.6.

Why if today is Ponce de Leon day do so many elder folks migrate to Florida? I mean he didn’t find the Fountain of Youth. All he found was flowers some 500 years ago. But one would think that the elder residents of this state should know that if no-one has found the Fountain of Youth in 500 years, it still is going to stay lost. I suppose that is why Miami is Number 3 for the greatest number of plastic surgeons… after San Francisco and Beverly Hills.


Supper last night – Stir-fried shrimp and Napa cabbage with onions served with Korean Scallion pancakes. Good and different. Will repeat. But it’s time for Okonomiyaki, again.

The Tudors update - Henry does NOT like Anne of Cleves...but he marries her anyway. Everyone can't wait for Thomas Cromwell to lose his head, literally.


Cosmos' Moon is in the last stages. We have to go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure that every thread is correctly placed. The first block of Equality has been completed... and I made a measurement mistake. We changed the design and from what we can see we like it better. Check out Quilts SB for updates.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment