Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 140 – Jim’s Trek – 20.6 Miles – A Good Day For Housework and Cycling and Quilting and Piano and Eating

Good Day,

This morning housework first, then my Trek, and then into the swimming pool. I completed 20.6 miles and I am now located, still on the Lord Selkirk Highway at Ste. Agathe, Manitoba, in Canada. I am still headed north, on my Schwinn 150, to my next Interlake address goal.

Ste Agathe is a diked village of about 500, on the banks of the Red River… is always prone to flood damage. The inserted image, to the left is circa 1915.  Today, in Sainte Agathe, it is -1°C and feels like -3°C. (Translated - 30°F and feels like 27°F.) And I was just in the swimming pool in my backyard.

My stats -

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 2,476.6 1,556.0 75.03% 4,032.6 167.8


Today is World Book Day, organized by UNESCO… to promote reading, publishing and copyright. And this is Independence Day for the Conch Republic of Key West, Florida.

My Trek entertainment was the second half of the 1986 movie The Canterville Ghost. I think I appreciated it more after I read the Wikipedia write-up and learned a wee bit of the intent of Oscar Wilde’s study in contrasts.

Today is a great day…according to my Biorhythms. Mind you, my pockets are empty.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment