Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 147 – Jim’s Trek – 20.0 Miles – 21st Goal Reached – The Interim Bank Manager Wants My Assistance

Good Day,

This morning, in what appears to be the beginning of Tampa’s rainy season, I am still cycling on my Schwinn 150 Trek in, I believe, central Manitoba. And I reached my 21st Interlake address goal today – Interlake Pharmacy in Stonewall, Manitoba. This also the location of Interlake Publishing. This next goal is at the 2,607th mile of my Trek.


And continuing, I clocked a total of 2,623.4 miles, and as I am still in Canada, that is 4,222 kilometers. All I can say is that I am pleased with the progress on this 147th day of my Schwinn 150 Trek… from Tampa to Seattle. I am now headed south on Perimeter Highway/Manitoba 101 and I am, more or less, due west of Winnipeg.



I received this glorious and most generous email this morning, April 30th, at 4:11 am, at just about the time I was rudely awakened as the heavens opened in a phenomenal deluge and impressive thunderstorm. (I wonder if Mother Nature was trying to send me a message from France and Africa.)

And the English teacher and Banker in me itched to correct the grammar, and understand the wherewithal of the propensity of the author’s psyche. I am also curious at the number of addressees, as I seemed to have been included on a distribution list of “Undisclosed Recipients”, who would actually and sorry to say, with a lack of common logic and committed sense of naiveté, respond blatantly to the self-appointed Interim Bank Manager, Idema Zongo, in expectation of a financial win-fall.

Dear Friend ,

Good day and complement.

I know that you will be surprise to hear about this transaction since we don't know each other before but, it was due to the urgency of this transaction makes me to contact you immediately through email please accept my apology.

I am the interim Bank Manager under political appointment in this Bank (BANK OF AFRICA dot BOA) I need your urgent assistance in transferring this sum of (US$ 6.3 million dollars) to a foreign account before i step down end of this MAY 2013 , please would you be interested to assist me with your account to received this fund? let it be what i achieved this few period .

Take note: You will have 50% of the above mentioned sum if you agree , I look forward to receive your return mail for more details on how to execute the transfer to your account.

With my position i assure you that this transaction is 100% risk free. Send me your information as follows.

1. Name in full:.................
2. Address:......................
3. Nationality:..................
4. Age:..........................
5. Sex...........................
6. Occupation:...................
7. Marital status:...............
8. Your cell N0:.................

Thanks and have a great day.

NB.For security reason,You are advised to reply me here ( idemazongo at yahoo dot fr ) for more details.

Mr Idema Zongo
Interim Bank Manager.


Just a note, if you are so privileged to receive such an idiotic and inane invitation from some self-proclaiming Interim Bank Manager, make sure that you do NOT open the email, click any embedded link, respond, or send any of your vital and personal information. Who knows what may lurk within the electrodes and electrical synapses of Internetland. Junk it! Trash it! Play it safe.

And just remember that the request does not necessarily have to come from Africa or France... I did receive something similar just the other day from right here in Florida.

And a new movie this morning for my Trek viewing pleasure, 2011’s Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Sherlock Holmes – Robert Downey Jr.; Doctor Watson – Jude Law. Once again I am watching an action movie to check to see if my source of adrenalin has an effect on the speed of my cycling. The first half of the movie, even though enjoyable and a late 19th Century thrill ride, caused me to slow down and spend an extra 10 minutes burning the 601 calories. My deduction, I had to mentally focus on the dialogue and Robert Downey Jr.’s fake accent to actually catch what was being said. I’m enjoying the film, and I certainly do not want to miss anything in this cat-and-mouse chase.

We have begun a new experimental and learning quilt – Tampa Kaleidoscope. This in a new step, maybe I should say steps, in the process of our quilt making. Make sure you check my soon update and follow Andy’s and my progress of this new quilting experience at Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment