Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 142 – Jim’s Trek – 22.2 Miles - I've Reached 2,500 Mile Goal

Good Day,

Today I completed 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 150 Trek. I was a wee bit slower this morning but I still burned my goal of 600 calories. I am located on MB-8 headed north just bearing down on Fort Gary Road. I have now completed 2,520.5 miles. Who’d have ever thought that in five months I would have cycled just more than 2,500 miles? Definitely not I…and I’m still working at it.

The label "B" marks my present location.



Last night supper was Garlicky Shrimp with Broccoli and Pasta. Very simple and quick to put together. It was actually not bad, and my blood glucose this morning registered 99 milligrams per deciliter. And I’ve cut my diabetes meds by half. Must be doing something right; normal range is 70 to 100 mpd.

This morning's viewing pleasure was two episodes of HBOs VEEP starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus. A very well written and sarcastic look at the office of the Vice President. It also presents tongue-in-cheek  idiosyncrasies of the role(s) of politicians and their staff.



Our Cosmo's Moon has arrived in Salt Lake City.  Yeah!  The borders have been added to our Equality quilt.  It is going to be a large and brilliant quilt.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment