Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 145 – Jim’s Trek – 19.4 Miles – 604 Calories Burned in Manitoba

Good Day,

Today I clocked 19.4 miles and I still burned 604 miles on my Schwinn 150. My goal is 600 burned calories a day. I am headed south on Manitoba 7, and the landscape is somewhat… well I can see for miles and miles and miles.



My total miles equal 2,581.9, and I have reached another goal. My belly measurement is down another inch to 35”. I have now dropped 9-inches from my starting point of 44”. This Trek is definitely working.

And there is something I do not understand. Today is Workers’ Memorial Day… and today is Sunday. This is a day of commemoration of those who died at work and an attempt to try and promote safer working conditions… But today is Sunday, usually considered a day of rest. Wouldn’t it be more effective to the intent if the commemoration was held on a day of work, and not necessarily on a date of an anniversary?


My Kabocha plant/vine, aka Audrey 3 ½ is certainly surprising me. I bought a Kabocha squash at the market a number of months ago. I really did like this squash and I prepared it by cutting and slicing it, without peeling it, cleaning out the seeds and then sprinkling it with olive oil, salt and pepper and baking it in an oven. Something possessed me to keep and plant the seeds in the front yard. It has grown, and grown, and spread up and out. Today I was surprised when I discovered a number of squash blossoms on the vine. Who knows that Audrey 3 ½ may be providing us with a supply of progeny.

On the marquee today is the 1994 movie Speed. Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves, Jeff Daniels – these are the good guys; Dennis Hopper – the bad guy. The pace of the first half of the movie must have increased my adrenalin as I reduced the time on my Schwinn 150 by nine minutes even though I burned 604 calories. My time on the cycle was 1 hour and 1 minute. I wonder if the second half of the movie tomorrow will have the same effect.

The Amulet quilt has been loaded to our Longarm. First step is to secure the sandwich by quilting in the ditch. The fabric has been chosen for our new experiment Tampa Kaleidoscope.

Be healthy, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment