Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 131 – Jim’s Trek – 20.1 Miles – No Icebergs

Good Day,

I’m watching for icebergs, maybe ice flows, today on the 101st anniversary of the disaster of the Titanic. And of course, today, where I am at on the road, there is a strong prediction of snow. It is mostly cloudy and feels like 20°F. And call this happenstance or what? Just after I wrote my previous sentences about the 101st I then checked today’s news and encounter the headline from USA Today1 Missing in Avalanches East of Seattle.” Coincidental? On the other hand it feels like 72°F in Tampa. Hurray for my Schwinn 150.

This morning, after my first day off, I completed my goal of burning 602 calories; translated 20.1 miles in 1 hour and 5 minutes. I am now located just on the northern edge of the Township of Blanchard, North Dakota. I think that this is the smallest town that I have cycled through so far. The 2010 population was 26. I’m just about at the junction of North Dakota State Highway 18 and ND State Highway 200. I have now completed 2,288.5 miles on my Trek from Tampa to Seattle.


Blanchard’s claim to fame… Just about 6 miles away is the tallest man-made structure in the western hemisphere, the KVLY-TV mast.

Queen Catherine’s earlier paramour, Francis Dereham, appears on the scene in today’s episode of The Tudors. He blackmails his way into the Royal service, and his drunken bouts may speed up his downfall. Charles, much to his chagrin, keeps encountering the ghost of Jean Valjean aka Lord Darcy.

Blue and yellow blocks and rows completed for Equality quilt. Red fabric should arrive tomorrow. Stay tuned for updates and our progress at Quilts SB. A new design, Waterfall, is now in the works, a combination between traditional and contemporary. I think this will be a simple but classic looking quilt. We’re trying to increase of Likes on Quilts SB Facebook to hit a 500 goal.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment