Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 40 – (AD 263) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.6 Miles – Back on the Road Again, on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Back again in my saddle on my Schwinn 150. It was certainly strange yesterday that I did not cycle as I took my second self-imposed day of rest. I guess that my cycling has now become a habit… and as I am somewhat regimented about my stream of actions, it is sometimes difficult for me to break from something of which I have set it into regular motion.


And this morning, yup it still is morning; I cycled 21.6 miles on my Schwinn 150. In 263 days I have now completed 5,095.3 miles.

I left my stopping point just west of Richvale, California, headed east on Richvale Highway and turned south on the Golden State Highway. At Live Oak, CA-99, the road becomes Live Oak Boulevard. I am now located just a wee bit south of the intersection of Live Oak Blvd. and Morse Road. Tomorrow I will be cycling through Yuba City as I continue my Trek to my next Interlake destination, just another 323 miles further south.

The Vatican's chief astronomer, Gabriel Funes, recently announced that Catholics should actually welcome aliens as our extraterrestrial brothers, quoting Dante's Inferno as his mission statement: "Where we came forth, and once more saw the stars."

Okay, does this mean that Catholic Church is just trying to increase the sales of their plastic St. Christopher? Or are they attempting to increase the number of registered Catholics to their count benefits? (And yes, the plastic statuette is available for a mere $2.99 at TotallyCatholic.com). I am always amazed at the hutzpah of entrepreneurship of the temple sellers…

Last night’s supper was a definite treat. I goggled “Poor Man’s Paella” and I discovered many, many different options. Following the basic process of creating paella, this Smith  created one was something that I could not avoid having a second helpings. Shrimp, grouper, chorizo sausage, yellow bell pepper, tomato, onion, garlic, olives, rice, chicken broth, turmeric, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, and cilantro. And my blood sugar count this morning came in at a decent 108…and I am still not taking my diabetes medications.

Just read a reasonable article that the actual fruit versus a processed juice of the same fruit are where the benefits are to be had. The article from The Guardian, dated 29 August 2013 is titled Whole fruits protect against diabetes, but juice is risk factor, say researchers.


Today is the first day of September and it is both Piano and Chicken Month. And yes I have the music for Green Acres…It is the place to be. I go straight to my Yamaha.


Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment