Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 49 – (AD 272) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.6 Miles – San Luis Reservoir, CA on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning bright and early I completed 21.6 miles on my Schwinn 150. Today I am located on CA-152 W Highway at about the northwest banks of the San Luis Reservoir. I’ve heard about the Reservoir, completed in 1967, previously in the news but I certainly did not realize that it was so, so big.


Today I have now cycled 1,031 miles on the Sequel part of my journey; the return trip from Seattle to Tampa. My total miles to date – 5,288.1.

I had to cycle early today so as to beetle it to my dentist to have two of my teeth prepped to receive crowns… Both of my teeth were cracked and of course, the teeth were in the process of continued deterioration. These two teeth are on the side of my head at the point where I took the blow from the major car accident I was involved in a number of years ago. Other teeth were attended to at the time… I guess I never got these two looked at before. But cycling first, then confined to a dentist chair, means that this man fell asleep… And the salt water taffy on the kitchen counter certainly looks tempting.

Yesterday I missed clocking in on my 750 Words. This sort of ticks me off as I had had been continuing in on a good literary Trek. I suppose I shouldn’t get perturbed about one day. But I am sort of. I did complete my 750 words today.

And then I am awaiting the contractor to show up regarding the re-construction of the kitchen. I am sort of reaching the limit of living like a temporary hoarder. This house with our textiles and fabric creations and the destruction of the kitchen with the number of boxes all over the place looks like an eastern textile sweat shop and a hoarder's trailer compartment.

But I am happy now about the remote control situation fix. I attached a Chromecast unit to my system and I can report that the clarity of the video on my HDTV, as opposed to using the Wii, has dramatically improved. Currently Netflix and YouTube are the only two available applications on Chromecast but one can almost guarantee that as it is a Google product there will be changes and additions in the short future.

My viewing pleasure, and with a great clarity, while cycling was Mad Men, season five, episode eight. This is now the 60th episode of the series. It is October 1966 and the subtle and corporate and personal changes continue.  This is just a night-time, so-to-speak, soap opera.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment