Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 68 - (AD 291) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 21.8 Miles - Phantom Roadway?

Good Day,

Today's cycling on my Schwinn 150 added another 21.8 miles to my Trek. And this morning I cycled up 640 calories. Chalk that now to 5,698.2 miles in 291 days. The news is that since I stopped my diabetes medication I have now maintained an average fasting blood sugar of 101.8 ml/dL.


On my virtual Trek I am now located on Air Base Road and Air Expressway. I am somewhere between the George AFB, Victorville and the intersection of Phantom Road. How apropos...a road that does exist while a virtual Trek that doesn't. (The B-marker marks my spot.)


I am a wee bit late writing up my Trek today, even though I did commit to and complete my actual exercise this morning. This afternoon I spent babysitting my grandson and assisting with the new house move.  I think I did enjoy the babysitting a bit more...than just writing.

And the drag continues.  I am somewhat frustrated that my regular PC has not been returned. Even in this day and age of electronic database updates and frequent changes, a supplier of a required part makes the mistake and sends the necessary component to an old, old address of the computer builder. I am currently experiencing a shade of keyboard withdrawal.


Bill Briggs of NBC News, September 28th article 'A different person': Personality change often brain injury's hidden toll definitely hits close to home. I wonder if there is a thought of a corresponding idea and process of the possibility of introvert versus extrovert changes. Interesting article.



Harvested a bunch of Scotch Bonnets and now looking for recipes to make sauce. I do like spicy and hot additions to most of my meals.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment