Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 62 - (AD 285) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 22.0 Miles - On The Road in California

Good Day,

This morning I decided that I would break the 21.7 mile repeat. I cycled on my Schwinn 150 22.0 miles. It just didn't make sense to do less.


I am heading east on Forest Highway 95/Hudson Ranch Road toward Forest Route 9N27. Guess I will be continuing to follow Forest Highway 95 for a bit and a couple of days.

Okay call me a rube from Florida, (I've lived here long enough but definitely not a redneck), but if there wasn't a paved road with a painted line down the center of the image I certainly might expect to see a rancour of cowboys come riding over the hills.

My current stats -
  • Location – Hudson Ranch Road, California
  • Sequel Distance – 22.0; Total 1,315.2 miles
  • Grand Total Miles – 5,572.3
  • Calories Burned - 651
  • Weight – 165.8 lbs; Total Loss – 5.0 lbs
  • Belly Measurement - 33"; Total Loss - 11"
  • Blood Sugar - 89 mg/dL
  • Blood Pressure – 125/83
  • BMI – 23.1
And he did it again! The little bugger shimmied out of the double supposedly secure and my ingenious harness contraption. But before he could bound off and start his catch-me-if-you-can marathon I flew through the air and grabbed him in a flying tackle. Boy was he shocked! And after scolding him, the next I knew was that this little scamp of a devil-dog was snuggled up in my lap for the remainder of the evening.  Radar - 6; Jim - 1. And if anyone has any idea for a good and secured harness for Radar, one that he cannot slip backwards out of, I certainly would appreciate any thought.

Have you ever had the issue of an unseen gnat buzzing you incessantly? They have one goal in their minuscule and boring little life, to try and bite you to obtain some sort of sustenance to feed and regenerate its tiny existence. And they can be a bother when they feel a connection. But a quick flick of a hand sends it into the oblivion of never-never land.

Back to my cycling on my Schwinn 150. Next goal just around the corner, 5,600 miles.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment