Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 65 - (AD 288) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 21.0 Miles - Near Lancaster, CA on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

I cycled 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150 this morning. I have now completed 1,377.2 miles on my return journey from Seattle back to Tampa. To date the Part II of my total journey has increased to 24.4% of my total journey. And this morning I burned 657 calories, and I'm sure I'll eat them back on today.


I am headed in an easterly direction on CA-138 E, also known as W Avenue D. I'm just about to come on to the intersection at 60th Street W. I am northwest of the City of Lancaster which is within the Antelope Valley region and California's High Desert. The population of Lancaster is somewhere about 157 thousand.

One of Lancaster's claim to fame - One of the three musical roads in the world. An excerpt of Gioachino Rossini's William Tell Overture, tar and bumps. The other two are in Japan and maybe that is Part III.


I wonder... Just thinking that if it would sound like Chopsticks should a bicycle travel over the musical groves?

And of course I am still follow The West Wing as my video companion to my Schwinn 150 cycling. Did I mention that I watch a movie or video series without commercial break as I am cycling? This helps me to commit myself to a continuous stream of cycling without any audible or mental interuptions. It definitely works for me.

This morning's lesson from the annals of The West Wing: Should you want someone to shut up and if you want them to curtail their negative politicking, create a bogus award and present it to them in a quick and sweet ceremony; the Francis Scott Key Key Award. (Season 4, Episode 18, Privateers...)

And I did it again, but this time I caught my error without having created too much of the ensuing Vanderbilt afghan band. It is a simple process but I have to keep focused between the single and the double rows. The re-constructed band is now 23". (Each inner band of this original design is projected to be 50".)

The quilting to our Tampa Kaleidoscope is looking great.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment