Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 50 – (Ad 273) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.5 Miles – 5,309.6 Miles on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I am cycling, virtually on CA-152 W, the Pacheco Pass Highway. My 21.5 miles, the real ones on my Schwinn 150 reaches the San Felipe Lake. Today I have passed the 5,300 mile mark. Also my return from Seattle miles of 1,052.5 is now 20% of my total Trek from my start date of December 2nd, 2012.


I was having a discussion about my Trek. It was somewhat clear that with the capability of writing and posting to my Jim’s Trek blog, as well as virtually mapping my progress, there could be a good and possible chance of bee-essing the whole or some of the parts. I suppose I could bee-ess because I do look at Google Maps before I start my day’s cycling. I do plot out approximately where my day’s cycling and exercise will take me. But then again who would I be kidding… I am not cycling for anyone else but for me.  The exercise is for me.  The blog and the write-up is simply a way that I can fantasize and turn fact into fiction. Once I complete my day’s real miles on my Schwinn 150 I then plot my virtual progress. Fact becomes fiction.

Today we take some time to remember the tragedy of September 11, 2001. Andy and I created a quilted wall hanging in remembrance. It is our MEM911.


Well I now have to wait for Season 6 of Mad Men to be uploaded to Netflix. Yes, I completed all 65 episodes of the first five seasons… and yes I am hooked. So now I turn to The West Wing and this now becomes my companion video on my cycling Trek. There are 155 episodes of The West Wing and I have now seen 51. Watching a series, or a movie, while cycling, without the interruptions of commercials, has been my secret to keeping myself committed to completing a consistent and continuous one hour plus of my Trek. All-things-being equal the next 104 episodes of The West Wing will take me through to the introduction of Season 6 of Mad Men.

Be healthy and enjoy… Oh and by the way, my blood sugar count has dropped, positively to 86. Exercise, diet – sort-of, and NO diabetes medication.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment