Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 51 – (AD 274) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.5 Miles – Prunedale, California on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

21.5 miles this morning on my Schwinn 150… Is this getting boring or what? Yes and yes, but I am committed to the cycling. 21.5 miles in 1 hour and 10 minutes. This morning I continue on the CA-156 W and the US-101 Highways and I’m headed south.

I am located just in the northern jurisdiction of Prunedale, California. The current population is about 17,600 and Prunedale was originally named for its plum trees… But they died soon after due to poor irrigation and fertilizer. (And I hope the sign has been changed.)

My next Interlake address goal is now 87.0 miles away and I am averaging now 19.4 miles per day.

Is it necessary to advertise the degree of my religious affiliation on a backpack?

When watching The West Wing episodes while I am cycling I sort of get lost between my real and virtual worlds and have to stop and think as to whether I am existing in a real or transitory world of the Bartlet or Obama administrations. I am not truly a political person but, though I really could be, it is really strange when the real and virtual worlds seem to coincide.

I wrote up my 5th posting to Jim’s Gotta Eat, Guisado de Pollo. Today I’m trying to write up an enhancement of a Greek Salad and a quick Guacamole.

The perimeter border of our Sea Foam afghan has now increased to two inches. The first run of quilting Blumish Two is nearing completion. Both projects are turning out the way we envisioned. Follow our progress at Afghans SB and Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment