Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 63 - (AD 286) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 21.0 Miles - Frazier Park, California

Good Day,

Today is my 300th posting of Jim's Trek.

This is the journey that I began on December 2, 2012; a journey both real and virtual. The ultimate goal of my Trek on my Schwinn 150, a stationary bicycle, was to begin and continue an exercise regime that would, hopefully, realize me some benefits. And this morning I topped, or should I say I bottomed out another one. My fasting blood sugar count recorded in at 80 mg/dL. And my other success is the fact that I have lost 11-inches on my waist measurement.

Jim's Trek is my journal, recording both my real exercise and the results...It is a physical, mental, and virtual Trek that provides me with the reality and illusion of goals that I can physically and mentally reach while I exercise. Jim's Trek is not a presentation of a sham. The virtual corresponds with the reality. The physical results are the proof.

And today I completed an addition 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. I am averaging about 1 hour and 6 minutes every day, and today I burned 651 calories. To date since December 2 I have clocked 5,593.3 miles.


This morning I reached the Village of Frazier Park which lies within Cuddy Canyon inside the Los Padres National Forest in California. I am still on my return Trek from Seattle, Washington to Tampa, Florida. The population of Frazier Park is about 2,700 and the elevation is 4,639 feet above sea level, just a wee bit higher than my physical location in Tampa. I now am within 230 miles of my next and 31st Interlake address goal location.


After 15+ years having been diagnosed as a Diabetic, I can honestly say that I have been able to "beat" the odds. Coupled with my regular cycling on my Schwinn 150, a reasonable diet, and NO diabetes medication for the last 63 days, for all intents I do not record a regular diabetes threshold. This morning this is the message I received:
You have indicated that your Fasting Blood Glucose is 80.

Congratulations! Your blood glucose level is within normal limits and you do not have diabetes at present.
I am not a doctor. I am a 61-year old retired English Teacher and Banker, but logic would tell me that an average fasting blood sugar count of 103.5 mg/dL for the same period of 63 days, without any diabetes medication, certainly warrants some note. I wonder if there is a doublespeak oxymora somewhere within the careers of English Teacher and Banker?


I think I am going to construct a "Doggy-Treadmill" for Radar. I figure that while I am on my Schwinn 150 he can trot and gallop beside me in order to burn the excess energy that he keeps bottled inside...And that would tend to me chasing him through the backyards and yards of our neighborhood. And he is a good looking, smart, little DEVIL-Dog.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment