Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 57 - (AD 280) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 22.1 Miles - Shandon, CA on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

And yes I am definitely late posting to my Jim's Trek blog tonight... But I did do my cycling this morning, and then I had to deal with  the electric company, pool pump, PC, and reconstruction issues. Better write late than never.

My 22.1 miles today on my Schwinn 150 has me now located and headed east on CA-46 E toward Hopper Canyon Road. I am situated on the road on the northern outskirts of Shandon in the County of San Luis Obispo. The population of Shandon is about 1,300.


I have now completed 5,463.5 miles of this crazy Trek on my Schwinn 150. Did I mention that I also take The Pack for an afternoon mile walk at least about five days a week. Calculating the total Pack miles, I would figure that I have also walked an additional 200 miles.

I now have about 360 miles to go to get to my next and 31st Interlake address goal. And I just found out that the pool pump on the house was also fried due to the Tampa Electric power surge. Damn! I should have been born long before Thomas Edison...and then I would only have to worry about starvation or freezing to death. It has become a running joke when one calls TECO, the electric company that serves the Tampa area. Apart from listening to a fembot repeat menu choices you are now transferred to different departments and/or agencies dependent upon what part of the electrical peice of the product is involved. Today it was five bloody departments!

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment