Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 47 – (AD 270) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.9 Miles – Patterson, CA

Good Day,

Another 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 150 this morning. I am on the CA-33 S and just arriving at the City of Patterson, California.


Patterson has the distinction of being known as the Apricot Capital of the World…and true to form it holds an annual Apricot Fiesta.

I am continuing to succeed and progress on this Day of Literacy. Jim’s Trek surpassed the 20,000 Pageviews mark early this morning. And today is also Hug Your Hound Day… Do my four Pack members together equal one hound? And who owns the furniture in this house?


And my blood sugar fasting test this morning rings in at 84 mg/dL. It must have been the Guisado de Pollo…Translation Chicken Stew Latin-style. It was last night’s supper and damn it was good. You’ll have to check Jim’s Gotta Eat for my spin on the recipe I used.

Andy and I just received notice that our two quilts: Blumish Two and Cosmo’s Moon have been chosen as finalists in the MQX Quilt Festival – Pacific Northwest 2013 juried quilt competition. The Quilt Festival will be held will be held October 9-12 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon. Our details and work progress for both our Blumish Two and Cosmo’s Moon can be seen at Quilts SB.

Mad Men, Season Five and Episode Six – LSD and everyone is separating from each other…Peggy fights with Abe, Roger and Jane space out, Don and Megan argue at a Howard Johnson over orange sherbert.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment