Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 53 – (AD 276) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 22.2 Miles – Greenfield, CA on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I completed 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 150. This morning I am located on the road headed south on US-101 S. I've just cycled through the City of Greenfield, the Broccoli Capital of the world. And I just discovered that approximately 80% of the lettuce in the United States is grown in this area and the Salinas Valley.


My total mileage is now 5,375 miles on my Trek from Tampa to Seattle and back. This is my 276th day of cycling on my Schwinn 150. And this morning I burned 632 calories.


I am continuing to use Chains. Thank you A for turning me on to this user friendly online "to-do" capture tool. I create a To-Do, aka a Chain, and I simply fill a circle each time I accomplish something or anything specific to a single Chain. I am some what anal about scheduling myself, but this is more-or-less "Hey-I've-done-it!" tracking. And it is visual... And from someone with a Masters degree in Organizational Management, this is pretty slick. I always like learning something new. Check it out at Chains or the URL https://chains.cc/.

I'm getting more and more frustrated as I wait for the re-construction of the walls and the kitchen due to damage of the broken water pipe. I'm thinking about putting up a tent in the backyard and just disappear and vegetate, in some sort of strike and protest, not that it will do me any good. I must learn patience...I think.


And September is still Piano month. This a good way to expend some of my pent up anguish and frustration.

This morning's episode of The West Wing, Abbey, the First Lady's birthday. Celebration and I got to wondering if The West Wing is just a night-time soap opera, so-to-speak... or did Aaron Sorkin actually pen something a wee bit different.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment