Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 71 - (AD 294) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 21.0 Miles - Almost Yucca Valley, CA

Good Day,

And my PC is still in the shop... Enough said.


This morning I cycled 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. I am pinpointed on CA-247 S/Old Woman Springs Road. Just ahead is Luna Vista Road. My next point of interest that I'll be cycling through is the Town of Yucca Valley, population 20,700. I also have about 60 miles left to my next Interlake address goal.


After cycling 5,761.5 miles in 294 days my average fasting blood sugar count is 101.5 mg/dL. I am burning an average of 627.7 calories each day and my waist measurement is holding at 33 inches.

And all my biorhythm cycles are in an upward swing. Today my physical cycle is stretching out to reach the top of its apex while both my intellectual and emotional ones are below the 0% mark. Explains for my blah past week when all cycles were foundering in the nether regions.

This morning the ice-maker went out for the fifth time on the refrigerator and the TV cabling somehow disconnected. Dealing with those two issues we're also assured that the contractor is now working up the specifications for the kitchen/living and dining rooms repair. I am still waiting the incompetent delivery system of the PC hard drive provider. I figure that the only way to maintain my sanity is to cycle with simple and pianissimo classical music in the background.

And Google keeps reminding me that iGoogle will be shutting down November 1st. Must make sure that my Bookmarks are accessible elsewise.

Would you believe that a new iPhone thing-a-ma-jig has been invented in Japan. It is a gadget that let's you to smell "meat" while you eat something else... This is "Hana Yakiniku" (鼻焼肉), which literally means "nose grilled meat." As IT Media points out, it's a small 17-gram peripheral you stick into your iPhone's headphone jack that sprays out one of three scents: Short Ribs, Beef Tongue, and Buttered Potato. So you want to diet, and I mean crash diet. Who knows? Is this not similar to the spraying of Soma from Huxley's Brave New World?

Smoothie this morning - Blueberries, Blackberry yogurt, banana and ice. Yesterday I concocted my version of some fiery Scotch Bonnet plus peppers pickles. Now I just have to wait for the pickling and fermenting process. I will be posting my quick details to Jim's Gotta Eat shortly, hopefully when my PC is returned.

The second band of our new Vanderbilt afghan has begun. Having completed the first band I hope to complete this and the next bands with less mistakes and at a quicker pace. The quilting to our Tampa Kaleidoscope is taking shape and we like what we see. Updates to Quilts SB and Afghans SB are forthcoming when my PC is back in house.

I CANNOT WAIT until my fixed PC is returned.  From time to time as I use my notebook whole sections of previously typed words, sentences, and paragraphs keep disappearing.  I know it has to be my fingers hitting some other keyboard button or key, but this is getting too, too frustrating...

Be healthy, and enjoy your working PC.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment