Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 75 - (AD 298) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 21.7 Miles - In The Desert on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

My cycling this morning, my Schwinn 150, 21.7 miles. And today I am located and headed in a northeast direction on Box Canyon Road. From the Google satellite image it appears that this portion of Box Canyon Road is a dried up river bed. The next intersection and cross road is Power Line Road which is about six-and-a-half miles away.


I have now cycled, on my return trip back from Seattle to Tampa, 27.2% of my total Trek of cycled miles of 5,846.6. It looks like I will reach my 32nd goal and the 6,000 mile mark at about the same time.

And I was thinking that I was getting into a rut this morning as I sat down at my notebook to write to my Jim's Trek blog. I started surfing and thinking of something interesting that I may include when I noticed an article in The Guardian. It was Oliver Burkeman's October 4 article, Rise and shine: the daily routines of history's most creative minds.

Now I do not expect in anyway to go down in history as one of those minds, or in anyway paired up with the minds of the individuals mentioned in Burkeman's article...but, I can breathe.  I can look at my morning and daily routine as not necessarily a rut but a part of my journey.  And now I understand why I have adamantly focused myself of Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way, A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity.

I wonder if the minds of the past Franklin, Rand, Beethoven, Proust, O'Keefe, et al would have used a notebook, an iPad, a Schwinn 150?

And I had one hell of a time today trying to post my images...and so I am a wee bit late posting today.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment