Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 83 1/2 - (AD 306 1/2) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - No Ride Today on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today is a forced stop of my Trek on my Schwinn 150. This is the 11th day and time since December 2, 2012 that I have not cycled. It seems strange that I am not getting on my Schwinn 150 this morning... but as I cannot have anything to drink until later this afternoon it is probably is a sensible move.

My fasting blood sugar count this morning registered in at 83 mg/dL. It appears that I am now able to say that I have been successful in controlling my diabetes. Based on my average count of 99.2 mg/dL over the past three months my A1C, using the Accu-Chek calculator, is now 5.08%

This morning is a beautiful day. It is 67.1 °F in Tampa... and the new Dendrobium orchids are blooming.


A recent Forbes article written by David DiSalvo How Exercise Makes Your Brain Grow certainly indicates that maybe one can "teach an old dog new tricks".

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim