Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 83 1/2 - (AD 306 1/2) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - No Ride Today on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today is a forced stop of my Trek on my Schwinn 150. This is the 11th day and time since December 2, 2012 that I have not cycled. It seems strange that I am not getting on my Schwinn 150 this morning... but as I cannot have anything to drink until later this afternoon it is probably is a sensible move.

My fasting blood sugar count this morning registered in at 83 mg/dL. It appears that I am now able to say that I have been successful in controlling my diabetes. Based on my average count of 99.2 mg/dL over the past three months my A1C, using the Accu-Chek calculator, is now 5.08%

This morning is a beautiful day. It is 67.1 °F in Tampa... and the new Dendrobium orchids are blooming.


A recent Forbes article written by David DiSalvo How Exercise Makes Your Brain Grow certainly indicates that maybe one can "teach an old dog new tricks".

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment