Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 76 - (AD 299) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 20.5 Miles - Desert Center, CA on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning my real cycling on my Schwinn 150 included another 20.5 miles. Total tally since December 2, 2012, 5,867.1 miles. And I am maintaining my reduction of waist at 33 inches. If I lose another one inch, for a total loss of 12 inches, I will have reached the same waist size that I had when I was 30 years old.


On my virtual tour I have now jumped from the Box Canyon Road onto the Christopher Columbus Transcontinental Highway. I am located, (the "B" marker), just southwest of the Julian Hinds Pump Plant Airstrip in Desert Center, California. The population of the Town of Desert Center was at 204 in 2010, but I'm not sure if it is currently abandoned today.  Can't figure that out from the Internetland.


The history of Kaiser Permanente dates back to the year 1933 and a tiny hospital in this little town called Desert Center. At that time, Kaiser and several other large construction contractors had formed an insurance consortium called Industrial Indemnity to meet their workers' compensation obligations. Interesting story, and I am amazed of what I am learning on this virtual Trek of mine.

All the quilts are packed and we're ready to go. We're presenting our Evolution Road Show this evening in Orlando at the Florida Cabin Fever quilt guild.

Hopefully my PC will be fixed this week. The broken hard drive was still under warranty and that may have had something to do with the tremendously SLOW turnaround of getting it, my PC, up and running again. But this is ridiculous...It probably would have been so much quicker to just buy a new one. The only thing is that I cannot imagine what we will one day call the next mountain of disposed computer parts.  Maybe Mount AppleGates, and makes me think about the forthtelling of the 2008 Pixar movie Wall-E.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment